Before she founded BETTERinary Personal Coaching, Dr. Ashlee Bruewer experienced the benefits of coaching.
From the age of 3, Dr. Bruewer remembers admiring her family veterinarian and wanting to be a small animal vet herself. Between then and now, she has reached her goal, but her career has taken many turns in between.
Dr. Bruewer shares her personal story in which she felt pressure to meeting a “Gold Standard” impossible for her resources and environment, leading to feelings of not being good enough…burn out…and even suicidal ideations. She was able to connect with a coach who transformed her life, pulling her from rock bottom.
Not only did Dr. Bruewer reconnect with her passion for Vet Med and finally end up in the small animal care she always dreamed of, but her appreciation for the coaching that helped her save her life motivated her to start her own coaching business.
With a mission to help veterinarians before they reach rock bottom, Dr. Bruewer shares 5 impactful strategies.
- Mind your mind and know your goals
- Acknowledge the stress cycle
- Swap perfection for adaptive excellence
- Developing a personal support team
- Surprise yourself
Dr. Ashlee Bruewer provides some great inspiration for the great humans that veterinarians are, so they can continue their love for animals and serve those who love their animals.
Would You Like To Be Featured in Our Podcast?
Join Our Mailing List!
- Dr. Bruewer’s personal story of burnout and struggle in veterinary medicine.
- How personal coaching helped Dr. Bruewer reconnect to VetMed.
- 5 Strategies for veterinarians beginning to struggle in the field.
- Resources for suicidal ideations and other symptoms of burnout in veterinary medicine.