Power is NOT a dirty word. Many people who desire power are afraid to speak up about it, but Steve says one important layer of power is self-advocacy. Power is an important tool in leadership that directs the people who want to take charge of something into the position to that
Steve is the author of, Power Up: Essential Tools for Committed Cannabusiness Leaders. While this book’s title is focused toward the cannabis space, the tools and information he writes about are valuable in all applications of leadership. In this episode he shares about the 4 parts of the book in which he talks about power.
- Part 1: Define Power – Power is the ability to act or produce an effect.
- Part 2: Power and Trust – Power doesn’t come from a title, money, or networking, but real power comes from earned trust.
- Part 3: Articulate your Vision – Identify your vision and trust your instincts.
- Part 4: Communicate that Vision – Leadership is showing the way, and power is about communicating your vision to those following you.
We talk about tons of tips when it comes to getting comfortable with power, finding your vision, and just how to build trust to achieve power. Be sure to check out Steve’s books and if you’re interested in learning more you can reach him via email, online, and on social media!
Would You Like To Be Featured in Our Podcast?
Join Our Mailing List!
- Creating wholesome conversations around power.
- Why power shouldn’t make you feel nervous.
- The four parts of Steve Scheier’s book, Power Up.
- Why power is not a dirty word and you SHOULD advocate for it.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Power Up: Essential Tools for Committed Cannabusiness Leaders Paperback on Amazon
- Do More Good. Better.: Using the Power of Decision Clarity® to Mobilize the Talent of Your Nonprofit Team Paperback on Amazon
- Steve Scheier
- Steve Scheier on Twitter
- Steve Scheier on Instagram
- Steve Scheier on Facebook
- [email protected]